Nur al-Cubicle

A blog on the current crises in the Middle East and news accounts unpublished by the US press. Daily timeline of events in Iraq as collected from stories and dispatches in the French and Italian media: Le Monde (Paris), Il Corriere della Sera (Milan), La Repubblica (Rome), L'Orient-Le Jour (Beirut) and occasionally from El Mundo (Madrid).

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Astérix vs. George W. Bush





In 27 countries around the world, the 33rd adventure of Astérix Le Gaulois, The Sky Lands on His Head, hit the bookshelves on Friday October 14th. 78 year-old cartoonist Albert Uderzo still has the moxie to administer some baffes to the Chimperor of Rome on the Potomac: Astérix and Obélix take on George W. Bush and Arnold Schwartzenegger--and beat the crap out of them, by Toutatis! !--PAF! TCHAC!. Easy work for the Gallic duo.

Note: The first image shows a beefy Schwartzenegger clone deployed by the evil Hubs (rearrange the letters) to dominate the helpless Mickey Mouse-like little blue men (you and me) and to take over Planet Earth. Luckily the blue guy has friends in the forests of Amorica. It's from the German version, naturlich.

4 Comments:

Blogger Auguste said...

By Toutatis! Come to my arms!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Nur-al-Cubicle said...

Be right there, my li'l Love-o-matix!

Hee hee. I was trying to remember By Toutatis. Thanks, I'll change the post!

6:45 PM  
Blogger echidne said...

I love Asterix, though I haven't seen the comics for years. Maybe I need to special-order this one.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

I looked through it at the library yesterday. It's pretty bad. It just keeps on getting worst ever since Goscinny died.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home